Join John Herboth, Sr. Commissioning Authority, NorthWest Engineering Service, Inc. (NWESI) and Troy Byers, CxA, President, Byers LLP for a TAB Talk on ‘Fire Smoke Damper Testing and Fire Life Safety System Maintenance at Your Facility’. They talk about the important components to maintain the fire life safety (FLS) systems. They are fire smoke dampers (FSDs), Smoke Dampers, (SDs), and fire dampers (FDs) which are located at duct penetrations through fire rated assemblies such as walls, ceilings, and floors.
At critical healthcare facilities, testing these components is routinely enforced. AHJs have been broadening enforcement efforts to all types of sites, including assisted living and acute care facilities with directions to identify, test, and document the functional operation of these devices.
- Discuss changes in enforcement for different types of facilities
- Review typical fire life safety agreement services and periodic requirements. Identify what maybe missing from your maintenance agreements
- Discuss why damper and fire alarm relay devices need to be regularly tested using project examples
- Identify best practices in setup, ongoing maintenance testing, access, and record documentation
Who Should Attend?
• HVAC Testing Professionals
• Commissioning Providers
• MEP Engineers
• Energy Managers
• Building Owners
• Facility Managers
• O&M Managers
• Other Building Professionals