- AABC establishes industry standards for Total System Balance of building environments, and is the only association that exclusively certifies independent agencies. Members receive certification, technical training, continuing education, marketing, business resources, professional networking, and industry advocacy.
- AABC members are the trusted Total System Balance providers of choice for every building owner and design professional.
- Independence is the cornerstone of AABC. Members are strictly prohibited from having any affiliations with mechanical contractors, design engineers, or equipment manufacturers. This policy prevents any potential conflicts of interest and ensures that all members provide engineers and building owners with professional, unbiased test and balance services.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM
- The Quality Assurance Program is an important tool for AABC to monitor the performance of its members, and to quickly resolve disputes or, most often, miscommunications. Click here for more information.
NATIONAL PERFORMANCE GUARANTY
- All projects completed by AABC members are covered by the National Performance Guaranty, providing assurance that your project will be completed in accordance with the AABC National Standards and the project specifications. Click here for more information.
ORGANIZATION AND HISTORY
- As the complexity of HVAC systems began to increase in the 1960s, a small group of engineers founded the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC) as a non-profit association in 1965. Early on, they recognized the need for independence and stringent membership requirements to ensure objectivity, integrity, and technical expertise, and they made these the guiding principles of the association. AABC also developed the first comprehensive industry standards for test and balance.